There is gold and then there is GOLD! Not all gold was created equal. At GoldNuggetSales.com we spend most of our time seeking out the world's finest gold nuggets and gold specimens. Only about 2% of the gold in the world is in “gold nugget” form and the other 98% is microscopic speck and flake gold found in ore. A good gold ore today will have about one ounce of gold for every two tons of rock. Even rarer are crystallized gold specimens and only about 0.04% of the gold in the world is crystallized. These natural gold nuggets and gold specimens are true - one of a kind - masterpieces from the earth's natural elements and are found mostly in pockets where the gold was able to crystallize while it formed, much the same way other crystals form deep inside the earth. Most of the hard rock mines that uncovered these extremely rare gold nugget crystals are closed today and it is extremely rare to have a new discovery of crystallized gold nuggets or gold specimens. At GoldNuggetSales.com, we are experts on natural gold nuggets and gold specimens and guarantee all our gold nuggets and gold specimens are natural and not man-made.